October 21, 2008

Memoirs of a Kitty Cat







I didn't like cats. And when I say that I didn't like cats - I mean I REALLY didn't like cats. Something always seemed sneaky about them. It was like they were always contemplating in their furry little feline heads about how fast they could claw my skin off if given the chance. I imagined if I ever decided to play with one that it would gouge one of my eyes out. And that meant that I was never going to get asked out on a date because I was the girl with one eye. That, my friends, was my feeling about cats.

I have news for you - I still don't like cats. But, I love me some Jojo! :)

That's right. My furry little pocket full of sunshine. Jojo is five years old and we got her last April from the Humaine Society. Peter & I have some friends who have a cat. One day we were visiting them and decided their cat was really friendly. Unlike other annoying, hissing, claw-your-eyes-out cats we came across...theirs was cute, cuddly, and loving. It was a dog-cat. Peter and I then made the wonderful mistake of "peeking" on the Humaine Society website to see if there looked like any good dog-cats. The angels sang and the sun grew warmer when we fixed our eyes on a little tiny picture of a Himalayan kitty. We soon found ourselves driving to the shelter to have a little play date. With one purr from her little fluffy self, we knew it. She had to be ours.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I know. I seriously didn't believe you and Peter got a cat! But, I love me some Jojo, too. She's a sweetie!

Stacey said...

Ok, well written! I'll be real with your SAr, I'm not an animal fan. I've also never met Jojo. Maybe things would change once we unite someday. Mmmm.

Karisse said...

You are the cutest ever.

Karyn said...

I would just like to take this moment to apologize for the scarring in your heart that Indy must have done to you. Because let's face it... Indy is a hater. He is the most intimidating crazy cat in the world, and that is just with one look. I'm glad you Jojo is redeeming kitties around the world.

And Indy is still just as psycho as ever. Don't ever get a russian blue from the humane society. They're nuts! But I love him :) And I love you!

About Me

Our timeline..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers