October 14, 2008

60 Years of Marriage

"Nobody can do for little children what Grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children"
- Alex Haley





My grandparents (Russ & Harriet Polson) are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary this fall. It's an honor to celebrate with them and a blessing to see how much they love one another after all these years. As we have been preparing for the celebration event, I have been collecting photographs. It's delightful to me to see my grandparents as young people. I keep staring at these photos, contemplating are those my eyes?.....i think my nose is shaped like that? My grandparents are Scandinavian, which means they graced our lives with traditional (and not always appetizing) foods like Oyster Stew, Lutefisk, and Lefse. They gave us our blue eyes and fair skin. They gave us love, encouragement, support, and wisdom. But, best of all they prayed for us daily and showed us how to live a life of devotion and love to Jesus. Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments:

About Me

Our timeline..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers